Nanny Match Me is an organization of nannies who have made a conscious choice to be “Career Nannies”. Our mission is to promote and achieve professionalism in the nanny industry, education in areas related to childhood development, and expertise in our chosen field.
As nannies, we are united in our common goal of providing the very best care for the children entrusted to us. We will strive to create an atmosphere that is safe, loving, nurturing, and educational for our charges while supporting our employers in their role as parents.
We believe that high-quality childcare is a long-term investment in the lives of children. The quality of care children receive has a profound impact on their lives, not just as children, but also as adults. The nannies of APN are stepping up to the task by establishing themselves as professionals, with children being the heart of their careers.
“Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see.”
~ John W. Whitehead
Suggested Practices for Nannies
- Act professionally and honestly, realizing you are a direct reflection of your chosen career and of your fellow nannies.
- Model the behavior you seek from the children in your care.
- Work with your charges to develop and strengthen what is inherently good in the individual child to prevent undesired behavior.
- Create successful situations for your charges, always mindful of their
- developmental stages and abilities.
Promote self-esteem and independence, as well as broaden the educational, physical, and social development of the children in your care on a daily basis.
- Refrain from speaking ill of a child in their presence, even when speaking to the parents about behavioral challenges.
- Keep the confidences of your charges and their families to yourself as to further build and garner trust with the child and their family.
- Be a child advocate, knowing the signs of abuse and neglect, and seek help on behalf of the child when needed.
- Support and encourage your employers in their role as parents, always remembering the incredible bond between parent and child.
- Continue to develop professionally by furthering education through classes, workshops, research, and networking with fellow peers as educational growth is a lifelong process.
Message to Nannies
Benefits of holding an NMM membership include monthly newsletters, networking nationally with other professional nannies, yearly conferences, online message boards, a nanny mentoring program, use of the NMM seal on your nanny related website, educational opportunities, and being recognized as a professional in your industry.
As a member of NMM, you will have the opportunity to serve. We are an organization that is run by nannies for nannies. Each member has unique gifts that can benefit our organization tremendously. Each nanny who volunteers to serve on the Board of Directors will receive a gift certificate good for a one year membership as a token of appreciation.
If being a member of NMM sounds interesting and exciting to you, please complete the membership form. We look forward to hearing from you!